Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 8
Who needs takeout when you can make stir-fry at home?View Nutrition Facts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped green or red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped zucchini, peppers and onions to skillet, and stir.
2) Cook over medium high heat until the veggies are lightly brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Stir a few times while cooking.
3) Season vegetables with soy sauce and garlic powder. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Use fresh minced garlic cloves instead of dried garlic for a flavor boost!
More About Zucchini
How to Select
Look for zucchini with a slightly prickly, but shiny skin. The skin should be firm and free of cuts and bruises.
How to Store
Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Do not wash it until you are ready to use it. Cooked zucchini can be stored in the refrigerator as well, but should be used with in 2 days.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim tops and bottoms. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Steam, microwave or boil until tender, bake, roast, stir-fry, or sauté. Add to pasta and rice dishes, soups and stews, and casseroles.