- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups chopped green or red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped zucchini, peppers and onions to skillet, and stir.
2) Cook over medium high heat until the veggies are lightly brown, about 4 to 6 minutes. Stir a few times while cooking.
3) Season vegetables with soy sauce and garlic powder. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Use fresh minced garlic cloves instead of dried garlic for a flavor boost!
More About Zucchini
How to Select
Look for zucchini with a slightly prickly, but shiny skin. The skin should be firm and free of cuts and bruises.
How to Store
Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Do not wash it until you are ready to use it. Cooked zucchini can be stored in the refrigerator as well, but should be used with in 2 days.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim tops and bottoms. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Steam, microwave or boil until tender, bake, roast, stir-fry, or sauté. Add to pasta and rice dishes, soups and stews, and casseroles.
You Might Also Like
Enjoy this healthy snack by dipping your favorite veggies or baked tortilla chips. And it takes only 20 minutes to prepare!