Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1 patty
Servings per recipe: 14
A tasty alternative to beef and bean burgers, this colorful patty will be the delight of the barbecue or party!View Nutrition Facts
- 1 cup shredded carrots (1 to 1.5 carrots)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form vegetable mixture into small flat patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Cook patties on both sides over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Carrots can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand and stored in a cold root cellar at 32-40 degrees.
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops & bottoms. Add to salads, have as a snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed, microwaved, or boiled until tender.
You Might Also Like
This is the traditional take on this Middle Eastern dish--it's loaded with nutrients such as protein, fiber, iron, and magnesium, and is a delicious snack served with sliced vegetables or whole wheat pita.