Vegetable Lasagna Rolls
Source: Recipe developed at CCE-Chemung County
Serving size: 1 roll
Servings per recipe: 8
These delicious lasagna rolls will quickly become a family favorite!View Nutrition Facts
- 8 oz. Whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 6 oz. block part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 10 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each, salt & pepper
- 1 tsp each, oregano & basil
- 15 oz can unsalted diced tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- In a medium bowl , combine egg, ricotta cheese and 1/2 the grated mozzarella cheese. Add prepared vegetables and spices, and mix to combine.
- Spray 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay out cooked noodles. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of cheese and vegetable mixture on noodle. Roll up noodles. Place in sprayed baking dish seam side down.
- Spoon diced tomatoes over top of rolls, and sprinkle with remaining grated cheese. Cover and bake 35-40 minutes.
Top lasagna rolls with other vegetables of your choice, such as roasted eggplant or bell pepper.
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. You can also blanch, cool, and freeze spinach in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Pat leaves between towels or use a salad spinner to dry leaves. Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, braise, or purée. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.