1 cup medium salsa
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
4 whole wheat tortillas, 10-inch diameter
6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Lightly oil or spray a 10-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix salsa and tomato sauce.
- In a medium bowl, mix black beans, corn and cilantro.
- Place 1 tortilla in baking dish, and spread 1/4 of salsa mixture over tortilla. Top with 1/3 of bean mixture and 1/3 of cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times; spread last of salsa mixture over top of last tortilla.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts and filling is hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try kidney or pinto beans instead of black beans.
Add leftover cooked chicken, turkey or ground beef
More About Corn
How to Select
Choose ears with green husks, fresh silks and tight kernels.
How to Store
Refrigerate corn with husks on and use within 1-2 days.
How to Prepare
Boil corn for about 7-10 minutes until tender and eat right off the cob! You can also use it fresh, cut off the cob, in many types of salads.
You Might Also Like
Green Beans with Potatoes
Bite-sized potatoes and green beans taste great cooked together with herbs and spices!
Potato Kale Frittata
This delicious frittata is a nutritious one dish meal and a real crowd pleaser!