Tamari Roasted Pecans
Source: Holly Gump
Serving size: 1 ounce
Servings per recipe: 16
These roasted pecans are a healthy snack choice. Eat them by the handful, or add them to salads for a delicious crunch!View Nutrition Facts
1 pound raw pecans
1/4 cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread the nuts evenly into 2 pie plates (or one baking sheet)
3. Roast the nuts in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn them with a spatula at 15 minutes to roast evenly.
4. Remove nuts from oven, and turn oven down to warm (150 degrees Fahrenheit).
5. Add 2 tablespoons of low sodium tamari or soy sauce to each pie plate, and turn nuts with a spatula until they are evenly coated.
6. Return nuts to warm oven, for 20 min. Stir nuts with spatula, and return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Repeat this step until nuts are dry.
7. Store nuts at room temperature in a container with tight fitting lid.
This recipe also works well with almonds. If you use almonds, increase the roasting temperature to 350 degrees.
You Might Also Like
Skillet Green Beans with Peaches
Get in some of your fruits and veggies for the day with this awesome combination of peaches and green beans.