1 cup cooked, diced chicken
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, celery, oranges, and onions.
- Add mayonnaise, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper. Mix gently until chicken mixture is coated.
- Lay tortilla on clean cutting board or large plate. With a knife or clean scissors, cut tortilla into four quarters.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla quarter, trimming leaf so it doesn’t hang over edge of tortilla.
- Place 1/4 of chicken mixture in the middle of each lettuce leaf.
- Roll tortillas up into a cone, with the two straight edges coming together and the curved edge creating the opening of the cone. Eat like a sandwich!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No oranges? Use halved grapes or diced apples.
- Instead of chicken, try using 1 cup cooked/drained garbanzo beans, or 1 cup of small tofu cubes.
More About Celery
How to Select
Choose straight, rigid celery stalks with fresh leaves. Avoid woody or limp stalks. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Trim bases. Remove any damaged leaves. Rinse. Refrigerate celery in a plastic bag with some air holes for a week or more.
How to Prepare
Separate stalks. Rinse in cold water. Trim tip of each stalk. Eat raw: Have as snack with dip, spread with peanut butter or cream cheese, chop and add to potato salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, and other cold salads. Eat cooked: Add to stir-fries, stuffing, chicken soup and other soups and stews.
You Might Also Like
Massaged Kale Salad
This salad is delicious, easy to make, is loaded with nutrients, and keeps for days in the fridge. Dress up this salad with fruit and roasted nuts for a flavor powerhouse!