- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
- 15 ounces canned low sodium white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook edamame according to the package directions, while preparing the remaining ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, toss all of the ingredients except spinach and vinaigrette.
4. Serve on individual plates by nesting strawberry, white bean and edamame mix on top of the spinach.
5. Drizzle with dressing.
Fruits 1/4 cup,
Vegetables 2 3/4 cups,
Dairy 1/4 cup
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. You can also blanch, cool, and freeze spinach in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Pat leaves between towels or use a salad spinner to dry leaves. Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, braise, or purée. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
You Might Also Like
Arroz Con Pollo
"I made this one night after work, the rice was the most flavorful rice I have ever had. My family ate it up. I will make this again."
Easy Red Beans and Rice
Using leftover rice, canned beans & tomatoes, this classic one-dish meal can be ready in less than 30 minutes!