- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (5 ounces) tuna in water, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) low sodium condensedcream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces egg noodles (4 1/2 cups dry)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat or 1% milk
- Cook noodles using package directions. Add peas for last three minutes. Drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add to drained noodles, and stir well.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often, until heated through. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Sweet Peas
How to Select
Choose peas that are bright green, firm and free from blemishes. For the sweetest flavor, serve soon after purchase.
How to Store
Store peas in the shell in a perforated plastic bag in the fridge. Use within 2 days. To freeze: wash, pinch peas from pod, blanch, cool, and place in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse and break off tips. For shelled peas, pinch pod open and squeeze out peas. Add shelled peas or whole pods to salads, wraps, pita sandwiches, or enjoy on their own. Cook peas by boiling, steaming, microwaving, stir-frying, pureeing or sauteing them. Add to soups, casseroles, rice, noodle, and vegetables dishes.
You Might Also Like
Apple & Fennel Salad
Apples and blue cheese are a lovely match in this fennel-laced salad recipe dressed with a tangy cider-vinegar dressing.