- 1/4 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 whole-wheat lasagna sheets, no boil, 3 1/2" x 7" sheets
- 1 1/4 cups fresh spinach, julienne cut "shoestring strips" 1/8"
- 1 fresh medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, sliced 1/4" (1 medium)
- 3/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, low moisture, part skim, shredded (3 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
More About Butternut Squash
How to Select
Choose a squash heavy for its size.
How to Store
Store in a cool, dark place for up to a month. Once cut, refrigerate unused portion.
How to Prepare
Add to stews and soups, steam and drizzle with olive oil, prepare in a curry, bake and stuff with apples, add cooked squash to a canned black beans with a dash of cinnamon and cumin, mash with yams, seasoned with ginger and cinnamon, or simply cube and roast.
You Might Also Like
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
This tangy Mexican salsa features roasted tomatillos, jalapeño peppers and fresh herbs. Serve with baked tortilla chips and vegetable sticks or try this as a dressing on your salad!