- 1/4 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 whole-wheat lasagna sheets, no boil, 3 1/2" x 7" sheets
- 1 1/4 cups fresh spinach, julienne cut "shoestring strips" 1/8"
- 1 fresh medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, sliced 1/4" (1 medium)
- 3/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, low moisture, part skim, shredded (3 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
More About Butternut Squash
How to Select
Choose a squash heavy for its size.
How to Store
Store in a cool, dark place for up to a month. Once cut, refrigerate unused portion.
How to Prepare
Add to stews and soups, steam and drizzle with olive oil, prepare in a curry, bake and stuff with apples, add cooked squash to a canned black beans with a dash of cinnamon and cumin, mash with yams, seasoned with ginger and cinnamon, or simply cube and roast.
You Might Also Like
Cheesy Bean Dip
This flavorful dip was developed by students from Holt High School, as part of the "Recipes for Healthy Kids Challenge." Serve it with vegetables sticks or whole wheat pita wedges.