- 1/4 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup fresh onions, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 whole-wheat lasagna sheets, no boil, 3 1/2" x 7" sheets
- 1 1/4 cups fresh spinach, julienne cut "shoestring strips" 1/8"
- 1 fresh medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, sliced 1/4" (1 medium)
- 3/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, low moisture, part skim, shredded (3 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
More About Butternut Squash
How to Select
Choose a squash heavy for its size.
How to Store
Store in a cool, dark place for up to a month. Once cut, refrigerate unused portion.
How to Prepare
Add to stews and soups, steam and drizzle with olive oil, prepare in a curry, bake and stuff with apples, add cooked squash to a canned black beans with a dash of cinnamon and cumin, mash with yams, seasoned with ginger and cinnamon, or simply cube and roast.
You Might Also Like
Almond Rice Pudding
Almonds are a good source of healthy fats, fiber and protein. Using brown rice will also include more whole grains in your diet.