- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 5/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar (any type)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Wash and dry spinach. Remove stems. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
2. In a medium pot, add eggs. Cover with cold water by one inch. Bring just to a boil. Cover and remove from heat right away. Let sit 15 minutes. Remove eggs. Plunge into cold water to help cool. This will make it easier to peel shells.
3. Peel and slice eggs. Chop slices.
4. In a large bowl, add spinach, eggs, and dried cranberries. Sprinkle cheese on top.
5. In a jar, add oil, vinegar, honey, and salt. Cover tightly with lid. Shake well.
6. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad. Toss to coat spinach leaves.
If no one is allergic, chop and add cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews) or seeds (pumpkin, sunflower) to salad before tossing. Make double the dressing. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator, up to 1 week. Use on other salads or to flavor sandwiches. To save time, hard boil eggs in advance. Refrigerate until ready to use. Hard boil extra eggs if you like. Use them for breakfast, snack, or to make egg salad.
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. You can also blanch, cool, and freeze spinach in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Pat leaves between towels or use a salad spinner to dry leaves. Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, braise, or purée. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
You Might Also Like
Bow Tie Pasta with Zucchini Sauce
Get the kids involved by helping grate the zucchini. They will love to help make a delicious meal for your family!
A classic favorite, this popular dip is made with common pantry ingredients. A 1/2 serving is only 90 calories!