- 1 pound ground beef, or turkey, 7% fat (93% lean)
- 16 ounces frozen spinach chopped (may substitute a 2 bunches of fresh spinach)
- 1/2 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat frying pan (no oil).
- Combine all ingredients except brown rice in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 12 small balls. Place in frying pan and flatten into patties using a spatula.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked on both sides.
- Serve over brown rice.
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. You can also blanch, cool, and freeze spinach in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Pat leaves between towels or use a salad spinner to dry leaves. Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, braise, or purée. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
You Might Also Like
Try this delicious and nutritious fun party food. The tuna makes for a protein filled snack!