- 2 cups brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 12 taco shells or soft tacos
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
• Large pot • Serving spoon • Can opener • Blender or food processor • Cheese grater
- Add lentils to a pot with 5 cups of water. Boil for 15 minutes until slightly softened and drain the water.
- To a blender, add black beans, cooked lentils, and seasonings. Pulse until ingredients are well-mixed.
- Fill each taco shell with the lentil mixture and top with cheese and tomatoes as desired. Enjoy!