Skillet Green Beans with Peaches
Source: Deb Fry CCE Chemung County
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 5
Get in some of your fruits and veggies for the day with this awesome combination of peaches and green beans.View Nutrition Facts
- 2 peaches, sliced and cut into chunks
- 1 pound trimmed green beans
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1. In a large bowl toss the green beans with oil, salt and pepper.
2. Heat skillet to medium high heat. Cook the green beans, stirring often, until beans are crisp-tender, (5-8min.) add peaches and continue to cook until peaches are lightly browned, (3-4 minutes).
3. Top with raw sunflower seeds & serve.
More About Peaches
How to Select
Fruit should yield to slight pressure. Avoid bruises, soft spots or cracks.
How to Store
Unripe fruit can be stored in a paper bag until ripe. Once ripe, fruit should be used within 1-2 days.
How to Prepare
Eat raw, add to a salad or salsa, grill or sauté.
You Might Also Like
This is the traditional take on this Middle Eastern dish--it's loaded with nutrients such as protein, fiber, iron, and magnesium, and is a delicious snack served with sliced vegetables or whole wheat pita.