Skillet Green Beans with Peaches
Source: Deb Fry CCE Chemung County
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 5
Get in some of your fruits and veggies for the day with this awesome combination of peaches and green beans.View Nutrition Facts
- 2 peaches, sliced and cut into chunks
- 1 pound trimmed green beans
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1. In a large bowl toss the green beans with oil, salt and pepper.
2. Heat skillet to medium high heat. Cook the green beans, stirring often, until beans are crisp-tender, (5-8min.) add peaches and continue to cook until peaches are lightly browned, (3-4 minutes).
3. Top with raw sunflower seeds & serve.
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent. Avoid green beans that feel too soft. One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days. Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop, microwave them or add them directly to soups, stews, stir fries, and other recipes.
You Might Also Like
Spinach and Meat Patties
Enjoy these spinach and meat cakes over brown rice, and with a side of roasted sweet potatoes.
Pumpkin and White Bean Soup
This delicious and easy to cook soup is is high in fiber, vitamin A and protein.