Skillet Green Beans with Peaches
Source: Deb Fry, Finger Lakes Eat Smart New York, CCE-Chemung County
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 5View Nutrition Facts
2 peaches, sliced and cut into chunks
1 pound trimmed green beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl toss the green beans, with oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat, (no extra oil needed).
- Cook the green beans, stirring often, until beans are crisp-tender, 5-8 minutes.
- Add peaches and continue to cook until peaches are lightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Top with raw sunflower seeds & serve.
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent.Avoid green beans that feel too soft.One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days.Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop or microwave or add them directly to soups, stews or other recipes.