- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet heat margarine until foamy. Add cabbage and carrots.
- Sauté over high heat until tender but crisp, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.
You Might Also Like
Zest up oatmeal with a mix of healthy fall flavors and spices for a delicious, nutritious harvest breakfast!
Try this delicious and nutritious fun party food. The tuna makes for a protein filled snack!