- 1 Tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet heat margarine until foamy. Add cabbage and carrots.
- Sauté over high heat until tender but crisp, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.
You Might Also Like
This nutritious soup is a great way to add in some seasonal vegetables while also getting some delicious whole grains!
Full of calcium and bananas, these parfaits are healthy enough for breakfast and yummy enough for dessert.