1 medium-sized head of cauliflower
1 teaspoon oil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated cheese (try Parmesan or low-fat cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets about equal in size. Toss pieces with oil and place on baking pan in a single layer. See video for details.
3. Mix spices together and sprinkle evenly over cauliflower. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Roast for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Roasting vegetables brings out their sweet flavor. Try roasting other vegetables such as carrots, turnips, broccoli, onions, garlic or beets!
More About Cauliflower
How to Select
Choose cauliflower with compact, creamy white curds and bright green, firmly attached leaves. Avoid brown spots or loose sections that are spread out.
How to Store
Refrigerate cauliflower in a plastic bag up to 5 days.
How to Prepare
Trim off brown spots. Rinse with cold water. Remove leaves. Turn upside down, cut stem where florets are joined and separate. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Add to casseroles, egg dishes, soups, stews, and pasta dishes.