Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
Roasting brings out the sweet flavor of Brussels sprouts.View Nutrition Facts
1 1/4 pounds Brussels sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut large Brussels sprouts in half from top to bottom; leave small Brussels sprouts whole.
- In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Lining the baking sheet with foil or baking parchment will help with clean-up.
- Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring once after 10 to 15 minutes. Sprouts should be tender and browned.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
To add a bit of spice to these Brussels sprouts, mix some minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of mustard with the oil, salt & pepper.
More About Brussels Sprouts
How to Select
Choose firm, compact, bright green brussels sprouts heads. Buy on stalk when possible.
How to Store
Refrigerate brussels sprouts in a plastic bag with some air holes up to 1 week. Freeze: Blanch, cool, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Cut round sprouts from stems. Trim off yellow outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Boil, microwave, or steam until tender. Bake, sauté, or braise. Add to soups, stews, and casseroles. Toss with pasta, garlic and oil. Good served with butter, salt and pepper, with grated cheese, or with lemon juice and almond slivers.