- 2 ¼ cups pumpkin, chopped
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 cups milk (1%)
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups macaroni pasta, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Chop the pumpkin into chunks and place on a baking tray.
- Toss with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper until pumpkin is evenly coated. Roast for 20 minutes until pumpkin is softened.
- Blend ½ of the pumpkin and set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of milk over low heat in a large pot. Gradually mix in the corn starch until a paste is formed.
- Add in the remaining milk slowly while stirring. Continue to stir for 5-10 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in the nutmeg, garlic powder, pepper, cheese, and blended pumpkin. Add the remaining pumpkin chunks and cooked macaroni and stir until combined.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
More About Pumpkins
How to Select
Select pumpkins that are firm and heavy for their size.
How to Store
Short Term: Keep in dry, dark place. Use before skin turns soft or moldy. Long Term: Keep in dry, cool place, such as areas of basement or pantry. 2-6 months. Check regularly for mold. Freeze: Boil or bake until soft, puree or mash, pack in containers and freeze.
How to Prepare
Rinse. Cut and remove seeds. Bake, steam, microwave or boil until tender. Roast until soft, peel and purée. Make pumpkin pie, use purée for pumpkin soup, muffins, cakes, cookies, pancakes, breads & pudding. Bake or roast peeled chunks until soft with brown sugar or maple syrup.