- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat or nonfat yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- crushed ice
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Puree until completely smooth.
3. Serve immediately.
4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. You can also blanch, cool, and freeze spinach in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Pat leaves between towels or use a salad spinner to dry leaves. Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, braise, or purée. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.