- 2 cups uncooked pasta, such as macaroni or rotini
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat salad dressing
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut in 1 pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives
- Measure 6 cups of water into a (4 quart or larger) sauce pan.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat and add pasta.
- Cook until tender (about 8 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
- Add dressing; toss lightly.
- Add meat and vegetables, and toss again.
- Chill until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Substitute cooked beef, pork, tuna, salmon, turkey, shrimp, or hard-boiled egg for the chicken.
More About Tomatoes
How to Select
Choose plump tomatoes with smooth skins that are free from bruises, cracks, or blemishes.
How to Store
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight. Use within 1 week after ripe. Tomatoes taste best if not refrigerated; refrigerate only if you can't use them before they spoil. Freeze or can for later use.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Chop or slice. Eat raw: Add to salads, sandwiches, and fresh sauces. Eat cooked: Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, roast, grill, braise, or simmer. Add to casseroles, soups, and stews. Chop, simmer and blend to make sauce for pizza, pasta, rice dishes, casseroles, salsa, and dips.
You Might Also Like
Broccoli & Black Bean Quesadillas
--These quesadillas are nutritious, easy to make, and your kids will love them!
This traditional Louisiana Creole dish is nutritious and delicious! Spice it up by adding extra cayenne pepper!