My Personal Pizza
Source: Modified from a Food Hero recipe
Serving size: 1/2 half English muffin
Servings per recipe: one personal pizza
This is a quick and easy after school snack for kids of all ages!View Nutrition Facts
- 1/2 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella
- 4 Tbsp chopped broccoli or other favorite vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees or use a toaster oven.
2. Lightly toast English muffin.
3. Spread with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce.
4. Add cheese and broccoli or other pizza toppings of your choice.
5. Bake 5-7 minutes until muffin is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
6. Allow to cool slightly before eating.
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try different vegetables or even fruit as toppings, such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, and tomato
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, blueish green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauteed, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli in a stir-fry, add it to salads, throw it on pizzas or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!
You Might Also Like
This traditional Middle Eastern salad is delicious, easy to make, and is a good source of Vitamins A & C and fiber.
Winter Squash and Black Bean Chili
This is a delicious healthy and hearty low cost chili. It will warm you up on a cool fall evening!