- 1/2 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp grated cheese, such as cheddar or mozzarella
- 4 Tbsp chopped broccoli or other favorite vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees or use a toaster oven.
2. Lightly toast English muffin.
3. Spread with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce.
4. Add cheese and broccoli or other pizza toppings of your choice.
5. Bake 5-7 minutes until muffin is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
6. Allow to cool slightly before eating.
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try different vegetables or even fruit as toppings, such as onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, and tomato
More About Broccoli
How to Select
Buy fresh or frozen in whole heads or florets. Broccoli heads should be odorless with tight, bluish-green florets.
How to Store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Broccoli can be sauteed, steamed, boiled or eaten raw. Toss broccoli in a stir-fry, add it to salads, throw it on pizzas or dip it in low-fat ranch for a fun treat!