- 1 1/2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 3 1/2 cups peas (about 2 cans [14.5 ounces each] drained or 16 ounces frozen)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat margarine or butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add peas and cook 2-3 minutes or until peas are heated through.
- Add lemon juice and pepper and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Try other types of cheese or a blend of cheeses. Freeze extra lemon juice to use later.
More About Sweet Peas
How to Select
Choose peas that are bright green, firm and free from blemishes. For the sweetest flavor, serve soon after purchase.
How to Store
Store peas in the shell in a perforated plastic bag in the fridge. Use within 2 days. To freeze: wash, pinch peas from pod, blanch, cool, and place in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse and break off tips. For shelled peas, pinch pod open and squeeze out peas. Add shelled peas or whole pods to salads, wraps, pita sandwiches, or enjoy on their own. Cook peas by boiling, steaming, microwaving, stir-frying, pureeing or sauteing them. Add to soups, casseroles, rice, noodle, and vegetables dishes.