- 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C). Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place asparagus on prepared baking sheet. Lightly coat asparagus with cooking spray.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, lemon, and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bake asparagus for 6 minutes. Turn asparagus and continue baking until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese mixture over asparagus.
More About Asparagus
How to Select
Asparagus comes in different colors such as green, white and purple. Asparagus spears should be bright green, firm and straight. It is important to buy stalks that with tight, compact and pointed tips.
How to Store
When storing, trim tough ends and place asparagus upright in a dish with an inch of cool water. Fresh asparagus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
How to Prepare
The entire stalk can be eaten and is usually grilled, roasted, steamed or eaten raw. Thin stalks are great for steaming or microwaving and eating raw. Medium stalks are typically used for stir-fries, oven-roasting and grilling. Large spears are used for dipping, grilling and soups.
You Might Also Like
Blueberries have antioxidants and are a good source of fiber, while the oat topping provides whole grains.