1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 1 minute, drain the Brussels sprouts and rinse under cold water.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring often until browned.
- Add the cabbage and chicken broth to the pan.
- Cook 10 minutes or until the cabbage is soft. Stir often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
More About Brussels Sprouts
How to Select
Choose firm, compact, bright green brussels sprouts heads. Buy on stalk when possible.
How to Store
Refrigerate brussels sprouts in a plastic bag with some air holes up to 1 week. Freeze: Blanch, cool, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Cut round sprouts from stems. Trim off yellow outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Boil, microwave, or steam until tender. Bake, sauté, or braise. Add to soups, stews, and casseroles. Toss with pasta, garlic and oil. Good served with butter, salt and pepper, with grated cheese, or with lemon juice and almond slivers.
You Might Also Like
Turkey Chili with Vegetables
Beans and veggies make this dish a heart-healthy, winter favorite. Add your turkey dinner leftovers instead of buying ground meat!
Roasted Beet Salad
Beet is a good source of iron and folate. Roasting beet is a good way to warm up the cold season.