Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Red Cabbage
Source: Just Say Yes
Serving size: 1 portion
Servings per recipe: 4 portions
You and your family will love this colorful and delicious meal!View Nutrition Facts
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large pot of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 1 minute, drain the Brussels sprouts and rinse under cold water.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring often until browned.
- Add the cabbage and chicken broth to the pan.
- Cook 10 minutes or until the cabbage is soft. Stir often.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.