- 1 cup uncooked quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup non-fat or 1% milk
- 1/2 cup berries, fresh or frozen (or 1 sliced banana)
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
1. In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt, and milk.
2. Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
3. Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6-12 hours.
4. Enjoy cold.
You can't go wrong with fruit and yogurt combinations, experiment with your favorites! Mason jars work great for grab-and-go breakfasts.
More About Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong-odored foods. Use within 3 weeks.
How to Prepare
Rinse the apples with water. You may scrub them with a produce brush. To peel, use a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Cut away the core and seeds, stem, and ends, then slice each quarter as desired.
You Might Also Like
Winter Squash and Black Bean Chili
This is a delicious healthy and hearty low cost chili. It will warm you up on a cool fall evening!
Curried Black-eyed Peas
Black-eyed peas are a good source of protein and fiber. The curry adds delicious flavor to this vegan and gluten-free dish.