- 1 cup uncooked quick or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup non-fat or 1% milk
- 1/2 cup berries, fresh or frozen (or 1 sliced banana)
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
1. In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt, and milk.
2. Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
3. Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6-12 hours.
4. Enjoy cold.
You can't go wrong with fruit and yogurt combinations, experiment with your favorites! Mason jars work great for grab-and-go breakfasts.
More About Apples
How to Select
Choose firm, shiny, smooth-skinned apples with intact stems. Should smell fresh, not musty.
How to Store
Refrigerate apples in plastic bag away from strong-odored foods. Use within 3 weeks.
How to Prepare
Rinse the apples with water. You may scrub them with a produce brush. To peel, use a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Cut away the core and seeds, stem, and ends, then slice each quarter as desired.
You Might Also Like
Roasted Beet Salad
Beet is a good source of iron and folate. Roasting beet is a good way to warm up the cold season.