Oven Roasted Potatoes
Source: Broom-Tioga BOCES, Rural Health Network
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 5
These yummy potatoes are a great addition to any protein dish and a good way to get in your grains for the day!
- 1 ⅓ lb. Potato, flesh, and skin, raw (about 3 medium potatoes)
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable oil, canola
- 1 ⅓ teaspoon Garden seasoning (Durkee)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash potatoes. Dice potatoes. In a large bowl coat potatoes in oil, then seasoning. Spread potatoes evenly on a sheet pan.
- Bake in oven until internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit and soft in center; about 30 minutes.
More About Potatoes
How to Select
Look for firm, well-shaped and fairly smooth potatoes. Avoid potatoes that have wrinkles.
How to Store
Do not wash for storage. Do not store with onions. Place in a paper bag, or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Store potatoes in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, or refrigerate. Can last up to 5 months.
How to Prepare
Scrub gently under water. Skin has many nutrients. If peeling, first remove any sprouts. Carve out any green spots. Steam, microwave, boil, bake, sauté, roast, or mash. Add to casseroles, soups, stews, and curry dishes.
You Might Also Like
Garden Vegetable Cakes
These mouth-watering patties packed full of vegetables take the cake in terms of flavor and color over other burgers!