- 3 potatoes (about 1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Wash and peel potatoes.
3. Put potatoes on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place the potato halves flat side down, and cut each into 4 slices; cut again to make thinner strips.
4. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
5. Measure oil into a small bowl.
6. With pastry brush, lightly coat potatoes with oil.
7. Place baking sheet in preheated oven. Bake potatoes 20 minutes, or until browned.
For variations: make with sweet potatoes, or try adding garlic powder, cinnamon, or paprika.
Also try sprinkling potatoes with paprika before cooking!
More About Potatoes
How to Select
Look for firm, well-shaped and fairly smooth potatoes. Avoid potatoes that have wrinkles.
How to Store
Do not wash for storage. Do not store with onions. Place in a paper bag, or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Store potatoes in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, or refrigerate. Can last up to 5 months.
How to Prepare
Scrub gently under water. Skin has many nutrients. If peeling, first remove any sprouts. Carve out any green spots. Steam, microwave, boil, bake, sauté, roast, or mash. Add to casseroles, soups, stews, and curry dishes.
You Might Also Like
Squish Squash Lasagna
A delicious dish with layers of whole-wheat lasagna noodles, butternut squash, and spinach, all nestled under part-skim mozzarella cheese
This tasty soup has a generous amount of vegetables in each serving: onions, potatoes, carrots, zucchini!