Serving size: 12 fries (4.0 ounces)
Servings per recipe: 4
Fun and easy snack or side-dish.View Nutrition Facts
- 3 potatoes (about 1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Optional: 1 teaspoon of your favorite herb.
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Wash potatoes.
3. Put potatoes on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place the potato halves flat side down, and cut each into 4 slices; cut again to make thinner strips.
4. Place potatoes on a baking sheet.
5. Measure oil into a small bowl.
6. With pastry brush, lightly coat potatoes with oil. Sprinkle optional herbs on top.
7. Place baking sheet in preheated oven. Bake potatoes 20 minutes, or until browned.
For extra flavor, sprinkle herbs on the potatoes before baking. Try oregano, thyme, or rosemary.
For extra spice, sprinkle potatoes with garlic powder or paprika before baking.
This recipe is also delicious made with sweet potatoes!
More About Potatoes
How to Select
Look for firm, well-shaped and fairly smooth potatoes. Avoid potatoes that have wrinkles.
How to Store
Do not wash for storage. Do not store with onions. Place in a paper bag, or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Store potatoes in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, or refrigerate. Can last up to 5 months.
How to Prepare
Scrub gently under water. Skin has many nutrients. If peeling, first remove any sprouts. Carve out any green spots. Steam, microwave, boil, bake, sauté, roast, or mash. Add to casseroles, soups, stews, and curry dishes.
You Might Also Like
Black Bean and Vegetable Quesadillas
Whole wheat tortillas give the classic quesadilla a healthy twist.