NY Rock’N Roasted Veggies
Source: Modified from a recipe developed for school food service by Broom-Tioga BOCES and Rural Health Network
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 5
These roasted vegetables are sure to delight your whole family - they are easy to prepare and are a great blend!View Nutrition Facts
- 15 oz. Carrots, raw
- 5 oz. Beets, raw
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil, canola
- ¼ teaspoon Salt, table
- ¼ teaspoon Spices, pepper, black
- ½ teaspoon Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop carrots and beets into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix together carrots with ⅔ of oil, salt, pepper, and honey. Mix together beets with 1/3 of oil, salt, pepper, and honey.
- Roast on separate pans at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Baking times may differ depending on the oven and size of carrots/beets.
- When they are done roasting, gently mix together carrots and beets.
Try adding potatoes as well for a starchy vegetable group!
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Carrots can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand and stored in a cold root cellar at 32-40 degrees.
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops & bottoms. Add to salads, have as a snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed, microwaved, roasted or boiled until tender.