- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1½ cups cauliflower, chopped (can sub broccoli)
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish or 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray, olive oil, or butter.
- Spread onions evenly in the dish and place in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk or fork. Remove dish from oven with mitts and spread cauliflower and cheese evenly. Pour egg mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked and casserole is golden brown. Enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container for about a week.
Make this dish even more colorful and nutritious with some extra veggies- try adding a handful of chopped peppers, mushrooms, carrots, or spinach!
More About Cauliflower
How to Select
Choose cauliflower with compact, creamy white curds and bright green, firmly attached leaves. Avoid brown spots or loose sections that are spread out.
How to Store
Refrigerate cauliflower in a plastic bag up to 5 days.
How to Prepare
Trim off brown spots. Rinse with cold water. Remove leaves. Turn upside down, cut stem where florets are joined and separate. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Add to casseroles, egg dishes, soups, stews, and pasta dishes.
You Might Also Like
Arroz Con Pollo
"I made this one night after work, the rice was the most flavorful rice I have ever had. My family ate it up. I will make this again."