"Mock Potato" Salad, with Cauliflower
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
This cauliflower salad is lower in calories and carbs than traditional potato salad, and is delicious!View Nutrition Facts
- 3 cups fresh raw cauliflower cut into pieces, or 1 large (16 oz.) bag frozen cauliflower.
- 4 hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1. Put cut cauliflower into a glass or other microwave safe container. Microwave on high, for 5-7 minutes. Cauliflower should be soft, not mushy. Drain well, and let cauliflower cool.
2. Make dressing by mixing mayonnaise, mustard and spices together. Set aside.
3. Mix together cool cauliflower, chopped eggs, celery and onions.
4. Add dressing to vegetables and eggs. Stir gently to combine.
5. Chill salad 2 hours, or overnight.
6. Serve salad cold.
More About Cauliflower
How to Select
Choose cauliflower with compact, creamy white curds and bright green, firmly attached leaves. Avoid brown spots or loose sections that are spread out.
How to Store
Refrigerate cauliflower in a plastic bag up to 5 days.
How to Prepare
Trim off brown spots. Rinse with cold water. Remove leaves. Turn upside down, cut stem where florets are joined and separate. Add to salads, or have as a snack with dip. Add to casseroles, egg dishes, soups, stews, and pasta dishes.
You Might Also Like
Butternut Squash Risotto
Butternut squash adds a nice splash of color and nutrition to this recipe. Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamin A & C, as well as a good source of fiber and potassium.