Source: Andreina Thielen Martin
Serving size: 1 portion
Servings per recipe: 8 portions
Try this refreshing salsa as a side or a topping. It has the perfect balance of spicy and sweet!
¼ red onion
1 medium clove garlic
2 plum tomatoes
1 medium lime
2 medium, ripe mangos
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1. Peel onion and garlic clove. Rinse tomatoes.
2. Rinse parsley. Pluck leaves from stems. Tear into small pieces.
3. Mince onion and garlic. Dice tomatoes into ¼-inch pieces.
4. Rinse lime and cut in half. In a medium bowl, squeeze juice from each half. Discard seeds.
5. Cut mangoes in half. Remove pits. Dice into ¼-inch piecesand add to bowl with juice.
6. Add salt to mango. If using cumin, add now. Mash well with a fork.
7. Add onion, garlic, and tomatoes to mango mixture. Add parsley. Stir well.
Store salsa in a sealed container in the refrigerator to maintain look and taste for a couple of days.
How to Select
How to Store
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
Berry Frozen Yogurt
Naturally sweet and refreshing, this simple frozen yogurt is a perfect healthy treat for a hot summer day.
Tangy and aromatic, celeriac (or celery root) has long been a staple in French cooking. Here, it's combined with parsnips and potatoes for a lovely side dish.