- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 medium green onions
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper
- 2 medium limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
1. Rinse mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeño pepper, limes, and bell pepper, if using.
2. Peel mangoes. Cut mango flesh from the pits.
3. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. If using bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds.
4. Dice mangoes, cucumber, and bell pepper, if using. Finely chop green onions.
5. Cut jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds and dice.
6. If using, rinse and chop cilantro.
7. Cut limes in half. Squeeze juice from each half into a medium bowl. Discard seeds.
8. Add mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeño, salt, and cayenne pepper to bowl with juice. If using, add bell pepper and cilantro. Mix well.
9. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Store salsa in a sealed container in the refrigerator to maintain look and taste for a couple of days.
How to Select
How to Store
How to Prepare
You Might Also Like
Garlic Scapes Pesto
Try this delicious recipe using garlic scapes available at your local farmers market!
Cobb Salad with Pears
Sweet and savory, this Cobb Salad is sure to delight with the addition of canned pears, carrots, and Parmesan cheese.