Lentil, Spinach and Potato Tacos
Serving size: 1 taco
Servings per recipe: 8
This is a new vegetarian spin on tacos!View Nutrition Facts
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups chopped potatoes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 cup cooked lentils
4 cups spinach leaves
--1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
--2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
--1 clove garlic
--1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
--1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
--Pinch of salt and pepper
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the potatoes, salt, cumin and paprika and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown and crispy.
- Add in the cooked lentils and spinach and cook until spinach wilts, about 2-3 minutes. Season to taste, if needed.
- Place the Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic, chipotle pepper and cumin, in a food processor or blender and puree until creamy and smooth. Season to taste, if needed, with salt and pepper.
- Divide the filling among the tortilla shells and top with chipotle sauce. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
For more spice, add additional chipotle peppers. Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are found in the Mexican foods section of most grocery stores.
For a faster meal, use your favorite salsa instead of making the chipotle sauce.
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. You can also blanch, cool, and freeze spinach in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Pat leaves between towels or use a salad spinner to dry leaves. Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, braise, or purée. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
You Might Also Like
Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
Roasting the vegetables for this soup results in a delicious sweet and smoky flavor.