Lemon Garlic Spinach
Source: Modified from a recipe at PBS
Servings per recipe: 3
Spinach is a great seasonal ingredient and this recipe highlights its great flavor!View Nutrition Facts
- 11 ounces spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Rinse spinach several times in a bowl of cold water, until no sand and grit settles to the bottom of the bowl.
2. Chop spinach into 2-inch pieces.
3. Add the spinach, salt and pepper, and stir to coat spinach leaves with the oil. Cover pot and cook for 2 minutes
5. Put spinach in a serving dish, squeeze lemon juice on top, and serve.
More About Spinach
How to Select
Choose fresh, crisp, green bunches with no evidence of insect damage.
How to Store
Remove blemished leaves, rinse, dry and refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes for use within 3-5 days. You can also blanch, cool, and freeze spinach in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Rinse greens in cold water. Pat leaves between towels or use a salad spinner to dry leaves. Add to salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave, boil, sauté, stir-fry, braise, or purée. Add to casseroles, soups, dips, sauces, and pasta, rice, and egg dishes. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.