Lemon Dill Brussels Sprouts
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 4
Sample this tangy dressing on freshly sautéed Brussels sprouts!View Nutrition Facts
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon dill weed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound (2 cups) Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved lengthwise)
2 teaspoons margarine or butter
1⁄4 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, dill weed, lemon juice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté sprouts (cut side down) in margarine until they begin to brown.
- Stir. Add water. Cover. Steam until the water is gone and sprouts are tender crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix sprouts with lemon dill sauce. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Brussels Sprouts
How to Select
Choose firm, compact, bright green brussels sprouts heads. Buy on stalk when possible.
How to Store
Refrigerate brussels sprouts in a plastic bag with some air holes up to 1 week. Freeze: Blanch, cool, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Cut round sprouts from stems. Trim off yellow outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Boil, microwave, or steam until tender. Bake, sauté, or braise. Add to soups, stews, and casseroles. Toss with pasta, garlic and oil. Good served with butter, salt and pepper, with grated cheese, or with lemon juice and almond slivers.
You Might Also Like
Farmers Market Salsa
Make this fresh salsa as spicy as you like! The black beans make for a filling side dish!
Corn, Tomato, and Cucumber Salad
This refreshing mixture can be served as a salad, topping or salsa!