Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 8
This colorful, tasty slaw will have your kids coming back for seconds!View Nutrition Facts
- 1 cup canned pineapple in juice, undrained
- 3 cups cabbage, finely shredded (1/2 head)
- 1 1/2 cups kiwi, peeled and chopped (about 3 medium kiwi)
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped (about 1 stalk)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 Tablespoons juice. Cut pineapple into bite-sized pieces, if needed.
- Combine drained pineapple, cabbage, kiwi, celery, and raisins in a large bowl.
- Stir reserved pineapple juice into mayonnaise until smooth. Add to cabbage mixture, tossing gently.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.