- 1 1/2 teaspoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups kale leaves, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and kale and season with salt. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
2. Transfer kale to a blender. Add cottage cheese and puree until smooth.
3. Season with red pepper flakes and lemon juice.
4. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
No blender? Make chunky dip: mash cottage cheese with a fork; chop kale and garlic finely before cooking.
Try adding onion or garlic powder, dill weed or curry powder for a flavor boost.
Can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Serve with fresh vegetables or baked tortilla chips.
More About Kale
How to Select
Choose dark colored kale bunches with small to medium leaves. Avoid brown or yellow leaves.
How to Store
Store kale in a plastic bag in the coldest part of the fridge for 3-5 days.
How to Prepare
Rinse thoroughly and remove leaves from stalk. Chop in salads, wraps, pitas, and sandwiches. Steam, microwave or boil, sauté, stir-fry or braise in flavored broth. Add to soups for last few minutes of cooking. Cook with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice as a side dish.
You Might Also Like
Marinated Tomato and Cucumber Salad
This salad has a great variety of colors and a really refreshing taste!