- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and washed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut leek halves into 2-inch lengths and then slice piece s lengthwise, yielding 2-inch-long strips. Toss leek strips, peas, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Put back in oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more. Stir in oregano and serve.
This dish goes nicely with grilled chicken or or steak!
More About Snap Peas
How to Select
Choose peas that are bright green, firm and free from blemishes. For the sweetest flavor, serve peas as soon after purchase as possible.
How to Store
Store peas in the shell in the crisper section of the refrigerator in a perforated plastic bag. Use within 2 days. To freeze: Wash, pinch peas from pod, blanch, cool, and freeze in plastic bags.
How to Prepare
Discard any moldy peas. Rinse in cold water and break off tips. For shelled peas, pinch pod open with a fingernail and squeeze out peas with fingers. Eat raw: Add shelled peas and whole pods to salads, add snap pods to wraps and pita sandwiches, or have snap pods as a snack. Eat cooked: Boil, steam, microwave, stir-fry, or sauté. Add to soups, casseroles, rice, noodle, and vegetables dishes. Purée and make a pea soup!
You Might Also Like
Japanese Simmered Squash
This Japanese style sweet and savory dish will delight your taste buds! Acorn squash is a good source of vitamins A, C and potassium.