- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (chopped cauliflower, peppers, carrots, or peas)
- 1 baking potato (large)
- 1 can kidney beans (15 ounces, drained, rinsed)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, and curry powder, and stir while cooking for 1 minute.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat.
4. Simmer 20-25 minutes. Serve hot, with brown rice.
5. Refrigerate leftovers with in 2-3 hours.
To spice this recipe up, add 1/2 tsp dried chili peppers.
Serve this recipe with plain yogurt and Indian chutney.
More About Green Peas
How to Select
Select brightly colored pea pods that are firm, medium in size and have no signs of decay.
How to Store
Refrigerate peas for no longer than 3 to 5 days depending on their appearance in that time.
How to Prepare
Peas can be eaten raw with or without the pod, they can be steamed or boiled and added to countless dishes as a side or an additive.
You Might Also Like
Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Onions
Mix the sweet flavor of apples with Brussels and onions in this hearty blend!
Magenta Root Slaw
Root slaw is a delicious side dish and a great way to get in your vitamins and minerals for the day!