Honey Mustard Green Beans
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 2/3 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
Use green beans that are canned, frozen, or fresh to make this delicious snack!View Nutrition Facts
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- Heat a medium saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Add mustard, honey and vinegar and mix well. Cook until sauce boils and becomes thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add green beans and stir to coat evenly. Cook until beans are heated through. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 4 cups of green beans is about 1½ pounds fresh or 16 ounces frozen or 2 cans (15 ounces each) drained.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent.Avoid green beans that feel too soft.One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days.Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop or microwave or add them directly to soups, stews or other recipes.