Honey Mustard Green Beans
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 2/3 cup
Servings per recipe: 6
Use green beans that are canned, frozen, or fresh to make this delicious snack!View Nutrition Facts
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- Heat a medium saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Add mustard, honey and vinegar and mix well. Cook until sauce boils and becomes thick, about 10 minutes.
- Add green beans and stir to coat evenly. Cook until beans are heated through. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- 4 cups of green beans is about 1½ pounds fresh or 16 ounces frozen or 2 cans (15 ounces each) drained.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent. Avoid green beans that feel too soft. One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days. Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop, microwave them or add them directly to soups, stews, stir fries, and other recipes.
You Might Also Like
Corn, Bell Pepper and Tomatillo Soup
This delicious and easy to make soup highlights the flavors of the southwest, and features the smoky flavor of roasted bell peppers.
Oatmeal, carrots, and raisins are full of fiber and natural sweetness. They fill you up and get you ready for the day. These muffins also freeze well so you can make them ahead and take them out as you need them!