- 1 can chicken broth (low sodium, 14 oz)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen, for soup)
- 1 can tomatoes (16 oz, broken up)
- 1 cup beef (cooked and diced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (crushed)
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cups noodles (narrow-width, uncooked)
1. Heat broth and water. Add vegetables, meat and seasonings. Bring to boil, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
2. Add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, about 10 minutes
3. Remove bay leaf.
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Carrots can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand and stored in a cold root cellar at 32-40 degrees.
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops & bottoms. Add to salads, have as a snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed, microwaved, roasted or boiled until tender.
You Might Also Like
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
This easy side dish combines the natural sweetness of caramelized shallots with the earthiness of Brussels sprouts, a fall favorite.