¼ medium onion
1 medium clove garlic
2 plum tomatoes
1 medium lime
2 medium, ripe avocados
¼ teaspoon salt
2 pickled jalapeño peppers, diced
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1. Peel onion and garlic clove. Rinse tomatoes.
2. If using, rinse cilantro. Pluck leaves from stems. Tear into small pieces.
3. Mince onion and garlic. Dice tomatoes into ¼-inch pieces.
4. Rinse lime and cut in half. In a medium bowl, squeeze juice from each half. Discard seeds.
5. Cut avocados in half. Remove pits. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh and add to bowl with juice.
6. Add salt to avocado. If using cumin, add now. Mash well with a fork.
7. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and optional ingredients of your choice. Stir gently to combine.
Store the guacamole in a sealed container in the refrigerator to maintain look and taste for a couple of days.
To add spice to this recipe, add 1 or more diced pickled jalapeño peppers!
More About Avocado
How to Select
Choose avocados with firm skin and no soft spots. Ripe avocados will yield to gentle pressure.
How to Store
Store unripe avocados in a paper bag at room temperature. Refrigerate when ripe for 2-3 days.
How to Prepare
Slice lengthwise, remove pit, and either peel skin or scoop out flesh.
You Might Also Like
Roasted Beet Salad
Beet is a good source of iron and folate. Roasting beet is a good way to warm up the cold season.
Apple Corn Chili
This thick and flavorful chili makes for a perfect weeknight meal! Savory black beans pair with apples and sweet corn for an unexpected twist!