¼ red onion
1 medium clove garlic
2 plum tomatoes
1 medium lime
2 medium, ripe avocados
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Peel onion and garlic clove. Rinse tomatoes.
2. If using, rinse cilantro. Pluck leaves from stems. Tear into small pieces.
3. Mince onion and garlic. Dice tomatoes into ¼-inch pieces.
4. Rinse lime and cut in half. In a medium bowl, squeeze juice from each half. Discard seeds.
5. Cut avocados in half. Remove pits. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh and add to bowl with juice.
6. Add salt to avocado. If using cumin, add now. Mash well with a fork.
7. Add onion, garlic, and tomatoes to avocado mixture. If using cilantro, add now. Stir well.
Store the guacamole in a sealed container in the refrigerator to maintain look and taste for a couple of days.
To add spice to this recipe, add 1 or more diced pickled jalapeño peppers!
More About Avocado
How to Select
Choose avocados with firm skin and no soft spots. Ripe avocados will yield to gentle pressure.
How to Store
Store unripe avocados in a paper bag at room temperature. Refrigerate when ripe for 2-3 days.
How to Prepare
Slice lengthwise, remove pit, and either peel skin or scoop out flesh.
You Might Also Like
Massaged Kale Salad
This salad is delicious, easy to make, is loaded with nutrients, and keeps for days in the fridge. Dress up this salad with fruit and roasted nuts for a flavor powerhouse!
Glazed Rutabagas & Potatoes
The delightful combo of rutabagas and potatoes with a light glaze is sure to brighten up a meal!