Grilled Vegetable Packets
Source: Fruits and Veggies More Matters
Serving size: 1 3/4 cup
Servings per recipe: 5
These vegetable packets can be grilled or baked, offering the taste of summer all year round!View Nutrition Facts
- 2 small zucchinis, diced
- 2 small summer squash, sliced
- 4 small red potatoes, scrubbed well and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup low-fat Italian dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sprig of fresh herbs (parsley, sage, oregano, etc.)
1. Heat grill to medium heat or 350° F (or heat oven to 400°).
2. Wash vegetables and slice.
3. Toss vegetables in a large bowl and add dressing and toss until vegetables are coated. Add a sprig of fresh herbs, optional.
4. Tear 2 large squares of aluminum foil and place half of the vegetable mixture on each piece. Place an equal piece of foil over the top of the vegetable mixture and fold bottom piece with top sheet to form a packet.
5. Place on heated grill for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Empty vegetables onto serving plates or serve from foil packets.
**Before you open the packets, poke holes in the foil with a fork (be very careful opening the foil as the steam will be very hot and could burn you!). **
More About Yellow Squash
How to Select
Look for smaller yellow squash that is firm and free of blemishes Avoid large yellow squash that is soft.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes.
How to Prepare
Rinse in cold water. Trim tops and bottoms. Peel if skin is tough. Eat raw: Add to salads or have as a snack with dip. Eat cooked: Steam, microwave or boil until tender, bake, roast, stir-fry, or sauté. Add to pasta and rice dishes, soups and stews, and casseroles.
You Might Also Like
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
This easy side dish combines the natural sweetness of caramelized shallots with the earthiness of Brussels sprouts, a fall favorite.