Greens with Carrots Julienne
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Servings per recipe: 8View Nutrition Facts
8 cups greens (try kale, bok choy, collard, mustard)
- Wash greens and remove tough stems (see Notes). Rough chop or cut leaves into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet).
- Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add greens, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
- When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and tamari or soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Carrots can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand and stored in a cold root cellar at 32-40 degrees.
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops & bottoms. Add to salads, have as a snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed, microwaved, or boiled until tender.
You Might Also Like
This tasty soup has a generous amount of vegetables in each serving: onions, potatoes, carrots, zucchini!