Green Beans with Potatoes
Source: Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetables
Serving size: 1.5 cups
Servings per recipe: 8View Nutrition Facts
- 4 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups cooked green beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or yellow mustard)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a medium pot, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic powder and pepper.
More About Potatoes
How to Select
Look for firm, well-shaped and fairly smooth potatoes. Avoid potatoes that have wrinkles.
How to Store
Do not wash for storage. Do not store with onions. Place in a paper bag, or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Store potatoes in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, or refrigerate. Can last up to 5 months.
How to Prepare
Scrub gently under water. Skin has many nutrients. If peeling, first remove any sprouts. Carve out any green spots. Steam, microwave, boil, bake, sauté, roast, or mash. Add to casseroles, soups, stews, and curry dishes.