- 4 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups cooked green beans
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (or yellow mustard)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a medium pot, add potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic powder and pepper.
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent. Avoid green beans that feel too soft. One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days. Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop, microwave them or add them directly to soups, stews, stir fries, and other recipes.
You Might Also Like
Japanese Simmered Squash
This is a Japanese style sweet and savory squash recipe, and squash is a good source of vitamin A & C. Nice warm dish of simmered squash will be perfect for a dinner.