Green Bean and Potato Salad
Source: Farmer's Market Recipes
Serving size: 1 portion (135 g)
Servings per recipe: 8
This recipe has been a favorite for sampling at farmers markets.View Nutrition Facts
- 1 pound green beans, cut into 2 pieces
- 12-16 small red potatoes, diced and boiled
- 2 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Steam green beans until crisp tender.
- Place the beans, potatoes and scallions in a medium bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
- Pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to mix the ingredients well.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
More About Green Beans
How to Select
Choose green beans with long pods that are firm, plump, and shiny. Beans should snap easily when bent. Avoid green beans that feel too soft. One pound of beans makes about four servings.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and use within 3-5 days. Beans can also be blanched for 3 minutes, cooled and frozen for preservation.
How to Prepare
Steam in water until tender-crisp, prepare on stovetop, microwave them or add them directly to soups, stews, stir fries, and other recipes.
You Might Also Like
Almond Rice Pudding
Almonds are a good source of healthy fats, fiber and protein. Using brown rice will also include more whole grains in your diet.
Southwestern Black-eyed Pea and Corn Salad
A great source of magnesium, calcium, iron, and fiber, this recipe is perfect for picnics, kid-friendly, and ready in minutes!