Garden Vegetable Cakes
Source: Food Hero
Serving size: 2 cakes
Servings per recipe: 4
These mouth-watering patties packed full of vegetables take the cake in terms of flavor and color over other burgers!View Nutrition Facts
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons minced green onion with tops
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded vegetables (potato, carrots, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, sweet potato or yam)
- Cooking oil spray
- In medium bowl, stir together cheese, flour, baking powder, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Beat in eggs, green onions, lemon juice and garlic until well blended. Stir all shredded vegetables into the batter.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Lightly spray or oil with cooking spray. For each vegetable cake, pour 1/3 cup batter onto hot skillet or griddle. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Serve these with sliced tomatoes, salsa, or a dollop of fat-free plain regular or Greek yogurt
More About Potatoes
How to Select
Look for firm, well-shaped and fairly smooth potatoes. Avoid potatoes that have wrinkles.
How to Store
Do not wash for storage. Do not store with onions. Place in a paper bag, or in a plastic bag with some air holes. Store potatoes in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, or refrigerate. Can last up to 5 months.
How to Prepare
Scrub gently under water. Skin has many nutrients. If peeling, first remove any sprouts. Carve out any green spots. Steam, microwave, boil, bake, sauté, roast, or mash. Add to casseroles, soups, stews, and curry dishes.