Fruited Cabbage Salad
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 5
This crunchy, nutrient rich salad is quick and easy to prepare.View Nutrition Facts
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
3 cups finely shredded cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup non-fat mayonnaise
1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3 Tablespoons juice. (Use the rest of the juice for spritzers!)
2. Combine drained pineapple with the other fruits and vegetables.
3. In separate small bowl, mix mayonnaise and 3 Tablespoons pineapple juice.
4. Add mayonnaise/juice mixture to cabbage mixture, and toss gently.
5. Cover and chill before serving.
Try plain low-fat yogurt instead of non-fat mayonnaise.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.
You Might Also Like
This delicious and versatile dish can be used as a main course or side dish for any meal of the day!