Fresh Corn Salad
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Servings per recipe: 6 servings
Very refreshing salad.
- 5 ears of fresh corn, kernels cut off
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Toss the corn kernels in a large bowl with the onion, bell pepper, celery, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil.
More About Corn
How to Select
Choose ears with green husks, fresh silks and tight kernels.
How to Store
Refrigerate corn with husks on and use within 1-2 days.
How to Prepare
Boil corn for about 7-10 minutes until tender and eat right off the cob! You can also use it fresh, cut off the cob, in many types of salads.
You Might Also Like
This tasty soup has a generous amount of vegetables in each serving: onions, potatoes, carrots, zucchini!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
This easy side dish combines the natural sweetness of caramelized shallots with the earthiness of Brussels sprouts, a fall favorite.