2 pounds fish fillets (try cod, tilapia, snapper or others)
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 cups shredded cabbage or lettuce
2 cups chopped vegetables (try tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, corn, green onions, celery, avocado)
1. Season fish with salt and pepper.
2. Cook by your favorite method until it appears opaque and flakes apart easily.
3. Mix cabbage or lettuce with other vegetables of your choice.
4. Add chunks of fish.
5. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Buy whole in a head or shredded. Choose cabbage heads with tight leaves that are heavy for their size.
How to Store
Keep fresh cabbage in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
How to Prepare
Remove thick outer leaves. Rinse in cold water. Shred raw cabbage for use in salads, such as coleslaw. Cook cabbage and add it to soups and stews. Cabbage can also be pickled to make sauerkraut.
You Might Also Like
Oodles of Noodles
This delicious, nutritious recipe was developed by staff and students as part of a healthy school lunch challenge.
Curried Black-eyed Peas
Black-eyed peas are a good source of protein and fiber. The curry adds delicious flavor to this vegan and gluten-free dish.