- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Syrup or other toppings (optional)
1. Preheat the griddle over medium heat, or set an electric frying pan at 375 degrees.
2. Put eggs, milk, and vanilla in a pie pan or shallow bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
3. Grease the griddle or pan with a thin layer of oil or use nonstick spray.
4. Dip both sides of bread, one slice at a time, in the egg mixture and cook on the hot griddle or frying pan.
5. Cook on one side until golden brown. Turn the bread over to cook the other side. It will take about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with syrup, applesauce, fruit slices, or jam
May use pancake syrup or reduced calorie syrup in place of maple syrup.
You Might Also Like
Black-eyed Pea Soup
This vegan and gluten-free soup will keep you warm and can be made on the stove top or in a slow cooker!